The Forbidden Arts is an action adventure platformer with a focus on discovery and exploration. When the hero of the game, Phoenix, seeks the counsel of a druid to make sense of his visions, she awakens the latent pyromancy within him. This begins an epic journey from Phoenix’s humble beginnings as he seeks to master the element of fire.
• Channel your pyromancer flame to cast devastating spells upon enemies and bosses, protect yourself from harm and manipulate the environment.
• Explore massive worlds with the ability to save your progress nearly anywhere and any time. You will alternate between 2d gameplay while in dungeons and 3d gameplay while exploring the Overworld.
• Test your agility as you scale walls, jump gaps, climb vines and maneuver through several distinct environments filled with obstacles and challenges.
• Progress through a captivating storyline following a young man who seeks the truth about himself and finds a grand adventure of ancient magic.
• Embark on quests from friendly NPCs and solve puzzles you encounter along the way.
• Discover long-forgotten secret items and locations to unlock abilities and earn achievements.
The Forbidden Arts is available now on Steam (PC/Mac), Playstation 4 (Americas), Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iPhone® and iPad®.
"This game is a must-buy for fans of 2D action platformers!" 9/10 - GameTyrant
"The Forbidden Arts is an equally demanding and rewarding platformer." 9/10 - GamingCypher
"I think Stingbot is on to something with this game" 8/10 - MulehornGaming
"There’s no questioning that it’s challenging, but the reward is worth it." 8/10 - Chalgyr's Game Room
"Side scrolling action at its best, it also brings a tiny bit of nostalgia along for the ride." 7.5/10 - Xbox Tavern
"... The Forbidden Arts is a very enjoyable game without a doubt." 7.5/10 - Generacion Xbox
"A demanding platformer with a gorgeous art style that oozes with nostalgia from the era of 2D action adventures." 7.5/10 - PixelatedGamer.com
"The Forbidden Arts is a fun 2D action platforming adventure with short 3D exploration sections that offer a nice challenge for fans of the genre." 7.5/10 - Ps4Blog.net
"The Forbidden Arts blew me away with its addictive gameplay and gorgeous art style." 3.5/5 - Mkaugaming
You can purchase a Steam Key for The Forbidden Arts below. A portion of the proceeds will go to charity.